The chair of the MI-WPA, in consultation with the chair-elect and other officers, sets the agenda for the organization by planning and facilitating meetings, discussions, and other activities of the organization. The chair also communicates information about the MI-WPA to the national leadership of the Council of Writing Program Administrators and represents the MI-WPA as necessary.
The current chair is Amy Ferdinandt Stolley, Grand Valley State University (Term: 2018-2020)
The chair-elect shares responsibilities of the chair, and will take over leadership of the organization at the end of the chair’s term.
The current Chair-Elect is Megan Schoen, Oakland University (Term: 2018-2020)
The secretary is responsible for recording minutes of all affiliate meetings, and keeps an active file of such minutes. The Secretary also serves as corresponding secretary for the affiliate.
The current secretary is Rachel Gramer, Eastern Michigan University (Term: 2018-2021)
The webmaster develops and maintains the organization’s website (http://miwpa.emuenglish.org), manages the group’s email distribution list, and coordinates electronic voting for the organization.
The current webmaster is Logan Bearden, Eastern Michigan University (Term: 2018-2021)
Regional coordinators represent five regions of Michigan, and work as liaisons between the MI-WPA board and the organization members. They help with regional recruitment and communicate regional issues to the officers as needed.
The current regional coordinators include:
- Upper Peninsula: Elizabeth Monske, Northern Michigan University (Term 2018-2020)
- Northern Lower Peninsula: Mark Blaauw-Hara, North Central Michigan College (Term: 2018-2021)
- Central: Scott Kowalewski, Saginaw Valley State University (Term: 2018-2020)
- Southeast: Jeff Pruchnic, Wayne State University (Term: 2018-2020)
- West: Brian Gogan, Western Michigan University (Term 2018-2020)